Health Trainer Locality Lead
The Health Trainer Locality Lead will support the Health Trainers within a defined geographical area to:
- Establish links with local groups and activities which operate in the defined area
- Engage with local people with the aim of identifying those most affected by inequalities in health who would like to see a Health Trainer
- Liaise with local agencies to arrange placements for one to one sessions with clients
- Coordinate the work of Health Trainers and support them in practice
- Undertake one to one interviews with clients to support them to develop a personal health action plan and make the health changes of their choice
- Manage and organise their time and activities to support individuals in the community.
- Provide supervision in the workplace for existing Health Trainers
- Develop and maintain links with the local health improvement teams.
Health trainers will be supported in their work by:
- Supervision/line management by the Programme Coordinator
- Direct contacts with the locality health improvement team
- Other Senior/Health Trainers.
The Health Trainer Locality lead will also have a client case load